In addition to an awesome visit to Little Niagara Falls, there were many other great spots on our trip to Sulphur and Davis, OK this summer.
Here are the highlights:
1. Sulphur, OK Historic Main Street – I loved the quaintness and nostalgia of Sulphur’s main street. It makes me want to come back and stay in a little hotel rather than a cabin by the lake for a romantic weekend getaway next time.
2. Movies in the Plaza – Enjoying a movie outdoors is a great way to end a summer day. Sulphur, OK shows family-friendly movies shown every Saturday night at dusk throughout the summer. Make sure to bring a lawn chair or blanket. But, no need to bring snacks as popcorn, ice cream and other snacks are available. The snacks are cheap and there is no admission for the movie. The Plaza, located at 3rd and Muskogee is easy to find in historic downtown Sulphur.
Waiting for Popcorn at Movies in the Plaza in Sulphur, OK
3. Turner Falls – A classic spot in Davis, OK and just minutes from Sulphur. The water is cold and there will likely be crowds, but it was a great time. Lots of shallow areas for kiddos, too. This is a true natural beauty nestled in the Arbuckle Mountains.
4. Making S’mores – A camping trip isn’t complete without S’mores.
5. Chickasaw Cultural Center – this alone is worth the drive.
6. Taking a Nap – There is something inviting about the cool grass under a shady tree on a hot summer afternoon. It just beckons me to slow down, relax and perhaps shut my eyes for a few minutes.